Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Meat is good to eat!

I'm slowly getting better. I can tell I'm not quite 100% yet, because I can't jump up on the coach to nap without some help. I'm still on my special diet. I don't understand why, but i haven't received one treat since being in the hospital. I'm only getting this canned dog food. Although I do get a little cheese with pills in it, I didn't even get one piece of the great smelling pot roast that Ruth made for Henry's birthday! Not even one little scrap! Unusual, don't you agree?

You may not have known that dogs like me write poems. Here's a little poem I wrote:

Dog food in a can,
One of the worst creations of man
It smells really bad
And tastes even worse
Of it, I am not a fan

But, give me meat
Now that's great to eat
It has the best flavor
From my human, it's the best favor!
It makes me happy from head to feet!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. (Psalms 100:4, 5 ESV)



1 comment:

  1. Poor Toby! You look sad and tired. We like your poem though, but think you may have to get used to this new diet!

    ReplyDelete